* Mr. Choi Moon Soon, have you ever been to Vietnam before? If not, with this first visiting and working in Ho Chi Minh City, what impressed you from the young city?
- Choi Moon Soon, Governor of Gangwon Province and also head of Korean business delegation: Thank you for giving me a quick exchange on the sidelines of the event. This is my first time to Ho Chi Minh City (laughs). However, I'm not unfamiliar with your hometown. As in Gangwon, we have welcomed a lot of Vietnamese visitors, students to study and work. I also regularly pay attention and read a lot of books and consider Vietnam's economic programs as a potential country to expand the connection.
* What made you decide to visit Ho Chi Minh City and organize exchanges for Vietnamese-Korean businesses during this time?
- This time I came to Ho Chi Minh City with two main objectives. Firstly, on behalf of Gangwon Province, I came to Vietnam to promote the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympic Games which will take place in 17 days in February 2018. Currently, the preparation of the event has been completed. I would like to share the joy of Gangwon when it is chosen by the world as the host country of international sport games, it is a dream of many host countries and professional athletes who have the opportunity to compete. 30 years ago, the whole world had the opportunity to admire the Seoul 1988 Olympic Games which was very unique and impressive.
Since then, the country has made a big growth. So, with Pyeongchang Olympic, I am confident that the Korean people have accumulated a great experience, by which we pledge to complete the sporting, cultural and artistic event in Gangwon in Peace and Friendly way, since 2018 Winter Olympics Games is the first World Winter Games to be hosted in Asia.
Secondly, combination with the promotion of the Olympic Winter Games, I came to Ho Chi Minh City this time, Gangwon Business Association also accompanied the province, to meet with Vietnamese businesses. We have been promoting seminars and roadshows so that businesses in the two countries have the opportunity to meet, discuss, exchange experiences and sign cooperation in a spirit of respect and share of success. Hopefully, friendly exchanges will bring good trade links which will promote the two countries' sustainable economic growth.
* During the press conference, you made a surprised appearance with your co-stars, white tigers and grizzly bears. Could you share more about this interesting image?
- Yes, white tigers and grizzly bears are the two mascots for the Pyeonchang 2018 Olympic Games. The white tiger is called Soohorang and the grizzly bear is Bandabi. I would like to provide more details that the man who plays the grizzly bear Bandabi is Luong Xuan Truong, the young football star of Vietnam. Currently he is living studying and working in Korea. Come to this Winter Olympics, Luong Xuan Truong is honored to become the Image Ambassador. In addition to promoting Gangwon province, Xuan Truong also participated in a friendly match between HCMC and Gangwon FC.
* When organizing the Winter Olympics in Gangwon, the province’s weather has always been cold all year round, it seems to the Vietnamese tourists, who live in the tropics, the huge difference in temperature may not safe for them. What do you think about this problem?
- At first glance it might be a little scary because in the spring, the temperature of Gangwon can be as high as minus 20 degrees. But personally, I assure that if you come to Gangwon at the coldest time of the year, Vietnamese tourists will still be safe. As we prepare for the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Games, we have fulfilled all the facilities and serving forces.
Actually, in my opinion, the climate opposition will create a great attraction, helping the two countries feel excited, looking forward to experiencing new things. Because in Gangwon, it has four seasons of the year, especially with the beautiful mountains and beaches ... Gangwon is really a place for Vietnamese tourists to travel and explore the culture, history through the architecture, art, cuisine and lifestyle of the Korean people completely. I’m look forward to meeting you at Pyeongchang Olympic* Thank your Mr. Choi Moon Soon. Wish you and South KoreanBusiness to have much great success